Network for School, education and businesses
The network for School and Education supports initiatives aimed at promoting the development of young talents in the areas of technology and science. The work is being carried out across different sectors such as education, private businesses, the Municipality and various other organisations.
DTU as well as several other educational institutions and knowledge-based companies are located in Lyngby-Taarbæk. Therefore, it makes perfect sense to promote scientific subjects such as biology, physics, geography, chemistry, math, nanotechnology and computer science to students attending primary and secondary school.
The aim of the network is to help increase the number of students in primary schools who are interested in science and choose to study and make a career in the field of science or technology later on.
The network focuses on:
- Open School: cooperation between primary schools and external stakeholders such as private businesses, associations and educational institutions
- Children’s University: to support a DTU-project in which primary school students visit the DTU Campus
- Talent: the development of young talent within the areas of science and technology
- Information Technology: the development of innovative solutions for the purpose of improving schools and education
- The interest in Science: retain children’s interest in science and technology all the way through the educational system
Danske Bank | DTU | DTU Diplom | FOF København | Geo | H.C. Ørsteds Gymnasiet | Haldor Topsøe | K-NORD | Kongevejens Skole | Lundtofte Skole | Lyngby private Skole | Lyngby-Taarbæk Municipality | Maersk Drilling | Microsoft | Novozymes | Sankt Knud Lavard Skole | Sydbank | Virum Gymnasium | LIFE | Videnskabsklubben | Billums Privatskole
My dream is that we become an even stronger international focal point that attracts employees, students and researchers from all over the world. The vision of creating exciting urban life and attracting even more knowledge-intensive places of work greatly contributes to achieving this.
Anders Bjarklev, President – DTU