Biketown Showdown 2018
A nonprofit bike event for students
Do you need a new bike or do you simply want to spend a “hyggelig” sunday with fellow classmates or other students from Lyngby? As part of the new academic year in September Lyngby-Taarbæk City of Knowledge and partners invite you to a festive day powered by student-cyclists.
Join us for Biketown Showdown on Sunday, September 16 from 11am-2pm at Lyngby Torv and experience the many assets in Lyngby city or become more aqquainted with the danish biking culture.
At the event you have the opportunity to:
- Buy a cheap ready-to-drive 2nd hand bike – 600 dkk
- Maybe win some awesome prizes sponsored by local shops in Lyngby
- Enjoy a free concert by the pop-folk band SUNDAYS
- Get familiar with the danish biking culture as well as road- and traffic safety
- Get introduced to Lyngby’s many interesting spots for culture, sports, shopping, urban life and nature
- Or simply enjoy a unique experience in Lyngby – for students by students
All activities are free and targeted students but everyone are welcome to take part in the event. The bike sale will be open to all from 1.00pm (as long as stock is available).
Please note that there are only a limited amount of bikes for sale.
No need to sign up JUST remember to bring your student ID if you want to buy a bike.
Biketown Showdown Lotteri 2018
Remember to get a ticket for this year Biketown Showdown lottery with lots of great prizes to win.
The lottery is targeted students and tickets will be handed out at the event at Lyngby Torv.
Stay updated on sponsors and prizes here.
- Danske Bank
- Jyske Bank
- Microsoft Development Center – Copenhagen
- Bang & Olufsen – BOCopenhagen
- Lyngby Storcenter
- Lyngby Boldklub
- Nybro Kanoudlejning
- Lyn Living
- Hot Yoga Denmark
- Frk. Friis Café
- NamNam Slik
- Original Coffee
- Nordisk Film – Kinopalæet
Biktown Showdown is supported by Lyngby-Taarbæk Municipality Culture Foundation and Danske Bank in Lyngby Foundation
Biketown Showdown projectpartners
Pictures from previous years