ESS & MAX IV as growth engines
The City of Knowledge was partner in a 2-year Growth Engine Project in connection with two of the world’s largest and most advanced research facilities, the neutron source European Spallation Source (ESS) and synchrotron radiation facility MAX IV, which are underway in Lund, Sweden. The facilities are expected to attract top scientists from around the world and have a huge potential to attract new knowledge-intensive companies to the Danish Capital Region and Skåne.
Growth Engine Project was a 2-year project with 5 main objectives:
- Attracting international labor and companies
- Identification and preparation of suppliers to ESS and MAX IV
- Surveys of applications and best practice
- Bridging the gap between business, universities and ESS, MAX IV and XFEL
- Public education, study visits programs and educational packages
The City of Knowledge’s role in the partnership was to make the Capital Region attractive to researchers from around the world and partly to help to ensure that Danish companies will have access to bid on the many tenders, arising in connection with the construction.
DTU | University of Copenhagen | City of Copenhagen | Scion DTU | COBIS | Copenhagen Capacity | Danish Industries | Lyngby-Taarbæk City of Knowledge and Urban Development
The project was supported by Vækstforum Hovedstaden and EU’s Regional Funds: