Every month, we’ll take you for an hour’s walk in Lyngby-Taarbæk to explore and see what the city has to offer. This is a social get together to meet other people in your community and discover places that you may not know about.
SCL is proud to announce another new initiative, CITY WALKS LYNGBY-TAARBÆK, in collaboration with our members from Bellevue Theatre, Sophienholm Art Hall, Basecamp, The Central Library and The Muncipal Archive.
We are pleased to invite international students, professionals and their families for a monthly walk to discover our neighborhood in and around Lyngby-Taarbæk. We hope to give people a taste of the local art and culture scene and a chance to meet other people in the community.
To keep it cozy and informal there will be a max. capacity limit at each event, and we only open for registrations 4 weeks in advance. Everyone, young and old, is welcome to join. At each visit, the host would appreciate if people would share some thoughts on how to make internationals feel more welcome and familiar with the place.
Below you will find the list of destinations for the 1st half of 2023 with a link to sign up.
- 28 JAN, BASECAMP – a sustainable shared living community (SOLD OUT)
- 25 FEB, FRIEBOESHVILE – a historic house from late 18th century (SOLD OUT)
- 25 MAR, THE CENTRAL LIBRARY – the role of a public library in Denmark
- 29 APR, BELLEVUE THEATRE – opened in 1936 to the design of Arne Jacobsen (SOLD OUT)
- 20 MAY, SOPHIENHOLM – showcasing contemporary art in a country manor house from 1768 (SOLD OUT)
- 23 JUN, MIDSUMMER – let’s celebrate Sankt Hans. Time and venue TBC.
Feel free to share with others in your community. You can also find us on Facebook
*** *** ***
If you have questions concerning the events then get in touch with our program manager Hamad S. Rovsing at firstname.lastname@example.org or (+45) 2237 3910.
Please help us spread the word about #CityWalksLTK, and if you want to follow our work, you can subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter by sending an e-mail to Hamad and add a few words about your interests.
International Hub Lyngby (IHL) was launched in the Fall of 2022 as an initiative to provide helpful information to international talents and their families, arrange relevant activities, and offer a warm environment in which to meet.